May 18, 2009
binder from simplify 101
Monday is the start of the week in my home. I turn to my handy dandy binder which is kept in a spot on my counter. My daughter loves this book, home to class lists, school permission slips, and more. My fave are the Menu planning sheets (courtesy of heart-of-light) which help me to plan my weekly menu. It is fun to look forward to “what we shall eat” for the week ahead. I save recipes in a file for future ideas for the weeks ahead. When you plan, you are better equipped to stick to a budget. I also love stocking the pantry with staples, should the best laid menu plans fail. Shopping seasonally and stocking the pantry with staples is key.
I am especially excited since last week I was waiting for the arrival of a new fridge!
meal planning sheets, click to enlarge and print, cut in half, thanks to heart-of-light
In my quest or desire to feed my organizational lust, I happened to find this wonderful site here. There are simply super tips to motivate one to organize. I love the Russel and Hazel binders, notes and other aesthetically pleasing items for storage.
We could all benefit from a bowl of simplicity and a few minutes for noting some time management tips which I gleamed from simplify101;
1. Prioritize, “eat your veggies first” – then dessert. Do the highest priority first.
2. Say NO, for everything you say YES to, you are saying NO to something else.
3. Balance, strive for a balance. It is like going to a “buffet” and eating too much of everything and walking away not feeling great. Feel good with less, limit the choices and you will find balance.
4. Pick & choose! Life is all about choice. Make a list first thing to begin your day.
5. Order gives light and energy.
an ordered drawer of candles and matches – image from chez larsson
Learning to plan ahead for a rainy day, or a day without power provides energy and a source of light and contentment for any day of the week. How do you plan ahead to simplify – so you can enjoy your week? What would you say needs the most attention today, what is on your list in order of “highest priority?” Happy Monday, Monday!