The Universe

I just finished writing my daughter a note to hand to her when I leave her at her University.  It’s all about trusting that the Universe shall provide and when it does not, then that’s when her parents come in.  But, seriously, the Universe does provide and I am a firm believer in this.  I keep telling myself this as I am about to embark on a new territory which is called the “empty nest!”  I will be giving myself some time to adjust and to adapt to the empty nest.  I do have a list of projects and then some.  My artwork has kept me motivated and given me so much purpose over the years, just as my children have and will continue to do so.  In hopes that each of you will be patient with me during this time of change and new beginnings for my daughter and for our family.

• Posted August 22, 2017 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

Good luck to your daughter!!!

• Gail, in northern California
    Posted August 22, 2017 at 9:09 pm | Permalink

Even though we teach our children to be fiercely independent, it does give you pause when they actually flee the nest. I wouldn’t have it any other way but as things fall away in life, we are left to wonder, “Who am I?”, “Where do they leave off, and where do I begin?”, “What is my purpose now?”, “Is that going to be enough?” “Am I brave enough to reinvent myself?”

Kind of funny when you think about it…she and you are traveling the same path.

Posted August 26, 2017 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Gail,
      Your words are everything. It is true how we have to both be brave and enjoy the journey of every path!
      Patricia

• BarbG
    Posted August 23, 2017 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Also, the letters in Loyola University spell I Love You ❤️ They must have had you and Amelia in mind! Good luck to Amelia and her parents.
    BarbG

Posted August 26, 2017 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Barb G,
      Thanks so much.
      Patricia

• Posted August 24, 2017 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

Hello Patricia,

Such an exciting time for you both to be certain. I wish you all the best. Time will fly!

Posted August 26, 2017 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Hello Chronica Domus,
      Thanks so much for your kind words. Yes, time will go fast and I remind my daughter that these times are the best….love to you and your family.
      xo
      PvE

• Posted September 1, 2017 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

I can remember leaving my parent’s nest about 12 years ago when I went off to university. Your daughter misses you just as much as you miss her.

Posted September 5, 2017 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Miranda,
      Thanks for popping in and taking time to leave me a comment. xo PvE

• Posted September 2, 2017 at 11:43 pm | Permalink

Wishing your daughter a wonderful life experience as she enters a new chapter in her life! Ny youngest is heading into her last year of highschool and next year it’s empty nest for me so I am feeling the emotion my friend!

Posted September 5, 2017 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Karolyn,
      Thank-you! I wish you a happy start of September. Catching up on my life, e-mails and the blog.
      Fresh starts!