Sunday shopping

Sunday is often a day of rest but I love shopping for plants to fill pots and scatter about in our garden.  The above store is Paul’s Fruit Market located in Louisville, KY.  My Father “Paul” founded the business in 1945.  It sure seems crazy that there were not a lot of grocery stores back then as many people canned foods from their gardens for the Winter months, had root cellars for storing potatoes, onions and other items.  Fruit was a treat and I grew up learning so much about a variety of produce and fresh flowers and herbs.  Although I don’t live in Kentucky, I still shop local markets for fresh produce and try to buy organic whenever possible.

What is on your Sunday list?  Enjoy your day.

• Gail, in northern California
    Posted May 21, 2017 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

I will try to finish packing. Leaving Tuesday. My daughter just finished the stem cell transplant procedure at Stanford Hospital a couple of weeks ago and is making a remarkable recovery. She no longer has to wear the HEPA mask, can eat organic again if properly washed, and has gradually increased her exercise. While her husband enjoys a much-deserved fishing trip with buddies on Lake Shasta, a dear friend of hers asked if they could try hiking Whiskeytown Lake. All good. And, Tuesday I’ll get to see it for myself. Been a long two-year journey.

Posted May 21, 2017 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

Gail,
      I will be thinking of you and sending good energy your way and especially to your daughter and her journey of recovering to full health. Yes, eating organic and thorough washing is very important, so I wish her all the best with that too. Much love,
      Patricia

• Jane
    Posted May 22, 2017 at 12:14 am | Permalink

I shopped at Paul’s in Middleton, Kentucky, today. I bought fresh English peas, local strawberries, and lot more. I always buy my plants there too. It is a wonderful place to shop.

Posted May 22, 2017 at 8:50 am | Permalink

Jane,
      Thank-you for shopping at Paul’s – I really wish we had one where I live. I could just imagine your lovely haul of freshness from Paul’s!
      Happy shopping!
      Patricia

• Gail, in northern California
    Posted May 22, 2017 at 1:04 am | Permalink

Thank you, Patricia, for your kind words.
    We raised an amazing daughter. Her husband says she’s “a warrior”. So very, very proud of her.

Posted May 22, 2017 at 8:49 am | Permalink

Gail,
      In awe of your warrior and all those who fight with bravery and courageousness!
      Patricia